June 19, 2008

Surprises In Heaven

"I’ll be kicking up gold dust on the streets of glory.” “this is a win-win for me.“ I am at perfect peace.” These are the final words of Dr Rogers.

However upon arrival in heaven he was informed of the turmoil on earth at his beloved Bellevue.
He had to endure the painful ordeal of his Church split over the way his predecessor handled the Williams situation. He had to endure the pain of his wife and family changing membership to another Church over the leadership struggle. Yes, there are tears in heaven and eventually God will wipe them from our face.

He had to endure yesterday's critique of his predecessor by NASS on New BBC Open Forum 9:00 AM June 18. He should be represented justly by his followers rather they behave badly and reflect his credibility.

What do you think? Will we live consequence-free lives in heaven? Will all our sins and errors be under the blood of Christ? Will we start eternity with a clean slate? Will there be shocking surprises there?

I don't know about you but I have prayed to God that there will not be any surprises for me when I get there. Adrian Rogers reminds me that we can't be presumptuous about the life hereafter.

No comments: