February 18, 2008

Why Was The Conservative Resurgence So Important?

The strong belief in inerrancy assisted Adrian Rogers to convince the people that Calvinism was wrong without using the facts of scripture. He cunningly devised sound bites to lure the congregation away from the truth.

Dr Rogers: "Calvinism is wrong, because I know it is wrong, and if I know it is wrong it is wrong, right?" (drum sting)
the people: "What a preacher!"
Dr Rogers: "I'm a Bible believer, right? Right!" (drum sting)
the people: "What a preacher!"
Dr Rogers: "Well Yes, I defend the inerrant Word, don't I?" (drum sting)
the people: "Oh yes, what a preacher!"
Dr Rogers: "I say Calvinism is wrong, right?" (drum sting)
the people: "What a preacher!"
Dr Rogers: "I say what the Bible says, right?" (drum sting)
the people "Always!"
Dr Rogers: "If I say Calvinism is wrong then the Bible says it is wrong, right?" (drum sting)
the people: "What a preacher!"
Dr Rogers: "So don't argue with me, take it up with God!" (drum sting with cymbals)
the people: "Amen and amen!"

No comments: