March 24, 2008

It's True Because It Is Complicated!

Shakespeare's Elizabethan twist on "Who's on First?"

Calvinism made easy! (Calvinism for moderates or Arminians)
God saves people if they're left-handed (or pick any arbitrary criterion). This denies unconditional election. Otherwise, all the Calvinist these are maintained, so we have TLIP.
So here are the possibilities I've listed:TULIP T TUIP TP or P or TLP or LPTULI or TUL or TLULIP or ULTLIP
These are all consistent positions as far as I can tell, and the issue is which set of letters best describes each view, not whether the view is consistent. Therefore, I claim that there are at least seven possible consistent combinations of views involving these letters. I would guess that there are more combinations also, but I don't want to try all of them.
If they all stand together, then, we have :TT = ((T)^(U)^(L)^(I)^(P)),where '^' is the AND operator. Since these are conjuncted by the AND operator, if any one of them is false, then I think that we say that the TT is false.
If they fall together, what is meant is that if you have:TT' = ((T)^(~U)^(L)^(I)^(P)) ,then what you really have isTT'' = ((~T)^(~U)^(~L)^(~I)^(~P)),which is false. (TT'--//-->TT'')
TULIP is TULIP
ULIP is NOT "TULIP"
TLIP is NOT "TULIP"
TUIP is NOT "TULIP"
TULP is NOT "TULIP"
TULI is NOT "TULIP"

No comments: